We’ve all received various political emails, some funny and some not. There was one I received a couple years ago that I came across over the weekend as I was cleaning out some of my old mail. As I read over it, I thought it worth sharing. Here as it is so true. All of these 40 items are characteristic of the Democratic Party today and paint them out for what they real are and believe.
1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand.
2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are more of a threat than nuclear
weapons technology in the hands of Chinese and North Korean Communists.
4. You have to believe that there was no art before federal funding.
5. You have to believe that global temperatures are more affected by human activity than by scientifically documented cyclical changes in the earth’s climate. Public policy should be based on “An Inconvenient Truth.”
6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial, and that being homosexual is natural and normal.
7. You have to believe that the AIDS was invented originally by the government to destroy minorities and is spread by a lack of federal funding.
8. You have to believe that the same teacher who can’t teach fourth graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex and alternative lifestyles.
9. You have to believe that hunters don’t care about nature, but environmental activists who have never been outside of San Francisco do.
10. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
11. You have to believe that Mel Gibson spent $25 million of his own money to make The Passion of the Christ for financial gain only.
12. You have to believe that the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
13. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high and wealth needs to be redistributed to provide a safety net and level the playing field.
14. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, and Alexander Graham Bell.
15. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.
16. You have to believe that Hillary Clinton is normal and is actually a very nice person.
17. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn’t worked anywhere it’s been tried is because the right people haven’t been in charge.
18. You have to believe that conservatives telling the truth belong in jail, but a compulsive liar and sex offender deserved to be in the White House.
19. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag queens, transvestites, and bestiality should be constitutionally protected, and manger scenes at Christmas should be banned.
20. You have to believe that illegal Democratic Party funding by the Chinese Government is somehow in the best interest of the United States.
21. You have to believe that it’s okay to give federal workers the day off on Christmas Day, but it’s not okay to say “Merry Christmas.”
22. You have to believe that illegal immigration is okay because they want a better life. So what if their numbers sap the infrastructure as long as they vote Democrat.
23. You must believe that radical Islam is not a threat to the peace and stability of the world, besides Bush invented it to get re-elected.
24. You must believe that more radicals should be allowed to emigrate to the U.S. in the name of diversity and fairness.
25. You have to believe that only ABC, MSNBC and CNN should be allow to exist because they are the most objective and FOX or Talk Radio might confuse you with facts and should be shut down or the “Fairness Doctrine” re-instituted.
26. You have to believe that group rights are more important than individual rights. After all it takes a village to raise a child.
27. You have to believe that Barack Hussein Obama is a messiah and will bring real “Change” to America although he isn’t able to articulate it.
28. You have to be non-Christian and believe that the practice of Christianity is hate speech against Muslims.
29. You have to believe that Christians are the greatest threat to America and an eventual “one world government” and that America should relinquish its sovereignty to the U.N. and the World Court.
30. You must believe the US Constitution is an outdated document and that only Democrats have the right to re-write it to meet their liberal satisfaction.
31. You must believe that the federal government is God and only the government can give you your inalienable rights.
32. You must believe it is better to receive than to give, also known as Welfare.
33. You must believe that that having a white anything is racist while Black Entertainment, Black History Month, NAACP, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are not.
34. You must believe that the Mexican flag should be flown above the American flag on Cinco de Mayo (May 5).
35. You must believe that it’s better to give government aid to illegal citizens instead of US citizens.
36. You must believe that it is unconstitutional to require proof of US citizenship while at the same time claiming it is constitutional to require citizens to carry proper ID and proof of insurance.
37. You must believe that is better to supply guns to the Mexican drug cartel than it is allow Americans to own them.
38. You must believe that it is better to release convicted murders and jail law abiding Border Patrol agents.
39. You must believe that a convicted felon has more rights than their victims and are allowed to sue them for damages.
40. You must believe that is acceptable for a teacher to ridicule a student’s Christian believe in front of the entire class but it’s not acceptable for a Christian student to express their faith.