In the past, I’ve reported on how Common Core recommends pornography for high school reading. One book, The Bluest Eyes is recommended for 11th graders. It glorifies incest, rape and pedophilia. Tenth graders in Sierra Vista, Arizona will find the book Dreaming in Cuban on their recommended reading list. This book provides graphic descriptions of sexual encounters, which is the last thing hormone crazed teens need to be reading.
But you may be surprised to learn that 4th graders in Tennessee will find the book, It’s Perfectly Normal on their reading list. This book provides graphic descriptions and drawings of human sexual anatomy, promotes homosexuality as normal, shows how to masturbate and to put on a condom. In the section on abortion, it mentions nothing about the possibility of placing the baby up for adoption. Most parents are completely unaware of this book being available to their 9-10 year old kids. Some of the pages contained in this book can be viewed here.
But this one book isn’t a lone problem with textbooks being used in Tennessee and possibly other states. According to a report posted by Victoria Jackson:
“The current textbooks being used in public schools today, that your children are reading, memorizing and being tested on, are inaccurate, revisionist, anti-American, racist, climate change propaganda based on fake science, anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, pro-Islam, Marxist, globalist, pro-Socialism/Communism, pro-homosexuality, pro-abortion, and sexually explicit. Below is a list of examples and… who wrote the Pearson Publishing textbooks, that TN schools are now using. (Related story, as of Dec. 2013, Pearson Foundation fined millions for violating laws. Story here.)”
“During August of 2013, scores of TN volunteers reviewed the 72 books on the State textbook list – 39% were declared acceptable for TN classrooms, 12% need major revisions to meet acceptable standards, many more need minor fixes.”
“Conclusion: ‘There is a mind-numbing degree of indoctrination (def: teach a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically) and (inappropriate sexual references/diagrams) found in the proposed textbooks.’”
Jackson then lists examples of lies and propaganda that has been found in some of the textbooks provided by some of the most popular suppliers such as McGraw Hill, MacGruder’s and Houghton, Mifflin, Harcourt:
1. According to McGraw Hill, 9-12 AP, “American Democracy Now”) America is a Democracy not a Constitutional Republic. Truth: Mrs. Eliza Powell asked Ben Franklin in 1787, as he left the Constitutional Convention, “What have you given us?” He replied,”A Republic if you can keep it.” From federal to local governments, every decision made by lawmakers must comply with our Constitution. Not so with a democracy. (A lynch mob is a democracy). In a democracy, whatever the majority decides the minority must endure. Our constitution is designed to protect the minority and the individual. There is not a full explanation of the Constitution in this textbook, but a lot of art work saying we are a Democracy.
2. According to Pearson Education 9-12,”What Should Governments Do?” The Purpose of Government is:
- “Maintain a national defense,” (Truth: yes, that’s in the Constitution,)
- “Provide public goods and services” (Truth: uh, that’s limited in the Constitution),
- “Preserve order…when people protest in large numbers government may resort to extreme measures to restore order.” (Truth: Not constitutional until laws are broken)
- “Socialize the Young.” (Truth: ??!!!! This is the beginning of State Controlled Children i.e. Castro, Hitler – it’s completely unconstitutional. Who do you want “socializing” your child?)
- “Collect Taxes.” (Truth: They do that too well!)
3. According to Magruder’s American Government and Civics, Pearson Ed. 9-12, “What is Government?” The Government is not “by the people, of the people, and for the people,” but “the institution through which a society makes and enforces its public policies. Government is made up of those people who exercise it’s powers, all those who have authority and control over people.” (What?! The textbook continues,) “The public policies of a government are, inshore, all of those things a government decides to do….the list of public policy issues handled by government is nearly endless.”
(That’s an oligarchy, not America!)
4. According to Magruder’s American Government and Civics, Pearson Ed. 9-12, “the Soviet Union controlled Eastern Europe for four decades. But by the late 1980s the Soviet Union had severe economic problems and a new leader, Mikhail Gorbachev, was making reforms…By 1989 Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Poland and Romania ended Communist control of their governments and held free elections…”
The truth that was omitted is that there were 56 to 62 million “unnatural deaths” for the USSR overall, with 34 to 49 million under Stalin, Dyadkin, I.G. (Demograficheskaya statistic neyestestvennoy smertnosti v SSSR 1918-1956). Also omitted is that at the war’s end, the Soviet Union adopted a “plunder policy” of physically transporting and relocating east European industrial assets to the Soviet Union. Also omitted is the fact that no experiments in communism/socialism have ever succeeded. China is offered up as an example of success but Mao was responsible for over 70 million deaths. (Historians Jung Chang and Jon Halliday)
5. According to “American Government and Politics Today” Houghton, Mifflin, Harcourt, 9-12, “…African Americans…feel a sense of injustice…and this feeling is often not apparent to, or appreciated by, the majority of white America.” What?!
Uh, that sounds racist against white people…
According to the above textbook, “The president addressed racial profiling in ways no previous president could when one of the nation’s pre-eminent scholars was arrested…in his own home…
Truth: Police were doing their job protecting a home that appeared to be in the process of a burglary. President Obama said on National TV, “the police acted stupidly.”
6. According to “Psychology in Everday Life” Bedford, Freeman and Worth, “Under the guise of preventing voter fraud, a number of states have adopted laws likely to suppress the vote. Nine states now require government issued photo identification.”
Truth: That first sentence reveals the author’s bias. Fact: An illegal vote cancels your vote. That equals the disenfranchisement of the legal voter. A photo ID is required to board a plane, cash checks, rent anything, obtain a library card, join the YMCA, etc.
7. According to “American Government and Civics” Magruders Page 758 says, “The number of families on welfare has plunged since the mid-1900s” Truth: There was a 32% increase in welfare spending from 2009 to 2012 alone! Congressional Research Service
8. According to above textbook, page 10, “But what is justice?” The term is difficult to define for justice is a concept, an idea, an invention of the human mind. Like other concepts such as truth, liberty, fairness and justice means what people want it to mean.” Truth: (that last ‘and’ is grammatically incorrect but in the quote) Moral virtues are natural law. The natural law our founding fathers spoke of. In a civilized world, … “It is the doctrine of objective value, the belief that certain attitudes are really true, others really false…” C.S. Lewis from The Abolition of Man
Moral virtues must be learned, therefore they must be taught. With no 10 Commandments, and the teaching of secular humanism, there are no absolutes, therefore, any behavior is permissible.
9. According to Ancient World History, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, “JESUS’ DEATH Jesus’ growing popularity concerned Roman leaders…The Roman governor Pontius Pilate accused Jesus of defying the Authority of Rome. Pilate arrested Jesus and sentenced him to be crucified.”
Truth: John 19:4 Pilate said, “I find no basis for a charge against him – You take him and crucify him, as for me I find no basis for a charge against him…From then on, Pilate tried to set Jesus free…”
10. According to “My World History and Geography, Early Civilization thru Renaissance” Houghton Mifflin Harcourt:
The number of units on Islam 1
The number of units on Christianity 0
The number of units on Judaism 0
The number of chapters on Islam 5
The number of chapters on Christianity 0
The number of references to Muslims 219
The number of references to Christians 42
The number of references to Jews 26
The number of references to Muhammad 180
The number of references to Jesus 102
You can see the rest of the examples at the Textbook Tattler at the website TextbookAdvocates.com.
Guess who wrote these biased Pearson textbooks? “Pearson hired Shabbir Mansuri, and Susan Douglass (a convert to Islam) to review and consult on the material being written for textbooks. One problem is that both of these individuals are associated with the Council for Islamic Education, a front for the Muslim Brotherhood in America.” Story here.
I can’t stress enough the importance for parents to be involved in their child’s education and know what they are being taught and what they are reading. They are being taught false history and false definitions of what America really is and the true role of government according to the US Constitution. They are being taught to trust only the government for everything in life and this is nothing more than pure socialism. Your kids are also being taught to be sexually permissive as young as 4th grade, and in many cases where Planned Parenthood is involved with the schools, they are being taught not to tell their parents about their sex lives, diseases and need for abortions.
I’ve said it time and again that the major role of today’s public school system is not to educate your children or grandchildren. Their primary goal is the raise a generation of liberal socialists that will be slaves to a tyrannical government. If you don’t believe, me, start checking some of this out for yourselves.