“Among the most glaring omissions in the report were the real questions that were not even raised, let alone addressed:
- What was the Obama administration’s full role in helping violent Jihadists, self-styled al Qaeda terrorists, and Western-backed “revolutionaries” take over Libya in the first place?
- Did that half-baked scheme to arm Jihadist leaders, who as the report acknowledges had previously fought U.S. troops in Iraq, contribute to the attack, as countless experts and officials have suggested?
- What was actually going on at the compound in Benghazi, which as the report states, was never a ‘consulate’ despite establishment media claims?
- Was Ambassador Stevens recruiting and arming Jihadists and terrorists to wage war on the Syrian regime after what Obama called the ‘success’ in Libya, as a growing body of credible evidence suggests?
- Why did the administration claim for so long that the attack was just a “protest” over a YouTube video gone awry, even when it knew definitively that was not the case?
- Was the lack of security at the compound a political ploy to conceal the extent of the lawlessness and utter chaos left in the wake of Obama’s unconstitutional “regime change” war on Libya, as even members of Congress have alleged?
None of those questions are even acknowledged in the report.”
In my opinion, it is highly important to answer these questions not simply for the sake of accountability and truth regarding past misfeasance and/or malfeasance. As anyone can see from some of the questions, Syria stands out. The criminal and brutal nature of what we have done in Libya speaks to what our government is now doing and has been doing in Syria. Once again we are arming Jihadists to overthrow a secular dictator.
Lets remember the kind of “allies” we supported in Libya. Last February it was reported:
“A new Amnesty International report reveals that hundreds of Libyan militias have run out of control and are extorting money and killing their enemies in a rampant manner. … some of the victims of these militias are sub-Saharan Africans caught in the crossfire of Libya’s war. The Amnesty report further states that these militias have largely remained outside the control of any central authority and are increasingly behaving like ferocious regional mafias. The Amnesty report says that its researchers have met “scores” of torture victims in Tripoli, Zawiya, Gharyan, Misrata, and Sirte in January and February, and they have reported a range of torture methods used against them that were once standard in Qaddafi’s own prison system. These include electric shocks, extensive burning, whippings with metal chains, and hours tied up in contorted stress positions.”
There are many examples of this kind of abuse. And coincidentally, one finds many stories about the Al Qaeda flag flying over Libyan towns and villages.
Obviously, Qaddafi, as a torturer, was no great friend. But what since did it make to overthrow him and take the side of more torturers? We are now following the same program for Syria’s Assad. We need to keep pushing on Libya precisely so that we can force the Obama Administration to give up the same criminal policy in Syria. We are supporting terrorists, giving them money, weapons, and ultimately even territory. Our establishment news sources make noises pretending terrorists have come into Syria and “exploited” the situation. But our government created a situation that could only give them new opportunities.
This has to stop.