Americans have been watching President Obama assume more absolute power than any president in history. He has openly violated more sections of the US Constitution and federal laws than any group of presidents in history. He has all the earmarks of turning America into a Marxist dictatorship, but is he really the most dangerous and out of control political entity in the United States.
When the Founding Fathers established the three branches of government, they did so with the idea that there would be checks and balances on each to make sure that no one branch assumes too much power. In fact, their original intent was that the judicial branch was to be the least powerful of the three branches. But as we have seen in the past few decades, the judicial branch has assumed the role of having the ultimate and final authority in the land, even over the other two branches of government and over the will of the American people.
Cases in point:
- Californians vote not to legalize same-sex marriages only to have one judge overturn the voter’s decision and make same-sex marriage legal. It turns out that this judge was a long time, active homosexual and ruled not by law but from personal bias.
- Vermont judge who took the biological daughter away from her Christian birth mother only to give custody to an ex-lesbian lover who the girl is afraid of and has nightmares about.
- Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade that led to the murder of over 50 million defenseless unborn children. The justices that made the majority rule did so on their personal beliefs and not on constitutional law that was designed to protect the lives of all Americans, especially the innocent.
- Ninth Circuit Court in California has the longest list of illegal and unconstitutional rulings of any court, that among other things ruled that students can’t say ‘under God’ when they say the Pledge of Allegiance.
- The Supreme Court’s ruling in 2005 on the Kelo v City of New London decision that gave local governments the right to confiscate the property of a private citizen by use of eminent domain and award the property to another entity who will make changes to the property resulting in greater tax revenue for the local government.
- Texas court ruling where a judge threatened jail time to any student that prayed, mimicked a prayer or said amen at graduation ceremonies.
- American courts that have been making rulings based upon Muslim Sharia law while at the same ruling against Christians.
- Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan’s refusal to recuse herself from an upcoming hearing on Obamacare and the Chief Justice supporting her decision.
- Supreme Court ruling on supposed separation of church and state, giving legal status to religion of atheism and denying legal status to Christianity.
The list goes on and on and you get the idea. What’s worse is that most Americans believe that the courts have the final say in everything. We’ve all been taught that once the Supreme Court issues a ruling that only a Constitutional Amendment can change that ruling. But that is not necessarily the case.
Thomas Jefferson foresaw the danger of allowing the courts, especially the Supreme Court, to have the final say in all matters. Jefferson wrote,
“To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions is a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.”
The Constitution does make provisions for both the Congress and President to reign in an out-of-control judicial system. Among those measures are the ability to remove judges and justices from their benches on grounds of ‘bad behavior’ and shouldn’t putting personal preferences ahead of law or ruling to change the Constitution be considered bad enough behavior to have them removed?
The problem is that we have a spineless Congress that is too weak and fearful to take any action against the tyranny of the judicial system. They would rather allow the courts to continue to strip Americans of their rights and freedoms as were once guaranteed by the US Constitution.
In this election year, we need to be asking every politician, local, state and federal how they feel about the judicial system and if they have the hardware it takes to remove judges and justices and reign in the tyranny of the bench. And their answer should have a major bearing on your decision of whether or not to cast your vote for them.