President Barack Obama has claimed that he knew nothing about the IRS scandal involving the targeting of tea party and other conservative groups. In fact, he claims to have known nothing about Benghazi, Fast and Furious and the DOJ scandal involving AP reporters. I haven’t heard him say anything about the EPA targeting of conservative groups, but I’m sure he’d say he nothing about it either. It seems that Obama is the greatest know-nothing president we’ve ever had.
The more information that comes out concerning the IRS scandal, I don’t see how Obama didn’t know about the targeting and I’m convinced that he knew it months before the 2012 elections.
According to publicly released records, IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the White House more than any other member of Obama’s Cabinet. In hearings before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, it was made known that 118 of Shulman’s 157 White House visits were made during the period that IRS agents were intentionally targeting tea party and conservatives. In fact, he visited the White House more times than the combined visits of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius and Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano.
The number of White House visits released to public records are as follows:
- IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman – 157
- Acting Secretary of Commerce Rebecca Blank – 86
- Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez – 83
- Nominee for Secretary of Commerce Penny Prtizker – 76
- Attorney General Eric Holder – 62
- Secretary of State John Kerry – 49
- Former Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner – 48
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton – 43
- Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano – 34
- Secretary of the Department of Education Arne Duncan – 31
- Former Secretary of the Department of Energy Steven Chu – 22
- Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates – 17
When asked in the committee hearings, Shulman came up with a whole list of reasons why he visited the White House so often, including attending the Easter Egg Roll with his kids. Listening to his excuses was like listening to a kid who got caught taking cookies from the cookie jar, but gave mom 20 different excuses rather than admitting his infraction.
Shulman knew about the illegal targeting at least 5 months before the November election and made over 100 White House visits during the times the targeting was occurring. Now we are supposed to believe that Obama knew nothing about the scandal until just recently? This is why the American people have no respect or trust in our government leaders, especially in Obama, our Liar in Chief!