The latest obsession of the mainstream media and other leftists is questioning the President’s mental health.
Allow me to suggest that If they are correct and the President is mentally unstable it’s not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, if having a screw loose makes people as successful as Donald Trump was during the past eleven and a half months, we should pray it’s contagious and that everyone in Congress and the federal bureaucracy catches it (and save some of it for me).
For example, CNN’s media reporter Brian Stelter who has been attacking Trump since he started running said on “Anderson Cooper 360”:
“What would we say if the leader of Germany or China or Brazil posted tweets like Trump’s? How would we cover it? We’d say: That person is not well. We’d wonder whether that person is fit to hold office.”
Politico reported that Yale psychiatry professor Dr. Bandy X. Lee spent two days on Capitol Hill last month speaking to Senators about Trump’s mental state:
In private meetings with more than a dozen members of Congress held on December 5 and 6, Lee briefed lawmakers — all Democrats except for one Republican senator, whom Lee declined to identify. Her professional warning to Capitol Hill: “He’s going to unravel, and we are seeing the signs.”
John Heilemann said Trump seemed “demented and deranged, and Trump hater Bill Kristol tweeted that Pence should be preparing himself to take power in accordance with the 25th Amendment “in case it’s suddenly needed.”
There are other examples also, but none of the people questioning the president’s capacity address the most important point. Are president Trump’s incredible set of accomplishments during his first year in the White House a result of his supposed madness? Or do the accomplishments prove the armchair psychiatrists and shrinks who never examined the POTUS are the ones who are a bit “fruit loops?”
Just look at what this president who supposedly has a diminished capacity has been able to accomplish:
- Led Congress to pass tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and repealed oppressive Obamacare mandate.
- Fuel economic growth moving GDP above 3 percent.
- Boosted economic confidence, causing the Dow Jones index to grow to record highs and at a record pace.
- Signed an Executive Order demanding that two regulations be killed for every new one, boosting economic growth.
- Withdrew from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending one-sided environmental regulations.
- Withdrew from the Trans-Pacific Partnership which had terms unfavorable to the US.
- Began renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement for the same reason.
- Convinced companies like Toyota, Mazda, Broadcom Limited, and Foxconn announced plans to open new plants in the U.S.
- Ended Obama’s job-killing Clean Power Plan.
- Allowed military professionals freedom needed to win the war on terror, as a result, kicking ISIS butts.