In an interview, Ashley Judd said that she loves Hillary Rodham Clinton. Then she went on to say that Mrs. Clinton “might be the most overqualified candidate we’ve had since – you know – Thomas Jefferson or George Washington.”
Delusion is a hard thing to shake by the person who is delusional. Does Ashley Judd know anything about Thomas Jefferson? One has to wonder. None of this should surprise us. In 2012, she said the following about Bill Clinton: “I think that he is a powerful leader. I think he’s a brilliant man. I think that he has an incredible devotion to our constitution.” Devotion to our Constitution?
What are Hillary Clinton’s major accomplishments? If she wasn’t the wife of Bill Clinton, would we know anything about her? What has she done that is even remotely comparable to Thomas Jefferson or George Washington? Name these accomplishments.
What did she do as a Senator that’s memorable? Her stint as Secretary of State was a disaster.
Then there are her political views that hardly line up with Jefferson’s.
When President John F. Kennedy welcomed forty-nine Nobel Prize winners to the White House in 1962, he said, “I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.”
Hillary Clinton is no Thomas Jefferson.
Here is a list of some of Jefferson’s accomplishments:
- Appointed to revise Virginia laws.
- Wrote Notes on the State of Virginia.
- Advocated states’ rights over national institutions in stark difference to his predecessor John Adams.
- Serve as Minister of the United States to France.
- Served as Secretary of State under George Washington.
- Served as Vice-President under John Adams.
- Served as the third president of the United States
- Purchased the Louisiana Territory from France (1803) for $15 million and doubled the size of the United States.
- Drastically cut federal government spending and reduced the national debt by more than 25 percent.
- Primary author of the Declaration of Independence and the Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom.
- Founder of the University of Virginia.
Then there are Jefferson’s inventions:
- Dumbwaiters for wine bottles
- Great Clock
- Hideaway bed
- Macaroni and cheese, not to mention a macaroni extruding device
- Plow moldboard of least resistance
- Polygraph (not a lie detector, but a handwriting copying machine – poly = many + graph = writing)
- Revolving bookstand
- Spherical sundial
- Improved swivel chair
- Wheel cipher
Let’s not forget that he designed his own home.
Jefferson did own slaves, and like Hillary’s husband, there are some who say that he had a few sexual dalliances. While Jefferson did own slaves by inheritance, the politics of Hillary would make us all slaves to the State.
I’ll leave it to someone else to compare Hillary Clinton to George Washington.