By Frosty Wooldridge
Hidden in every federal budget, and unknown to 99 percent of Americans, your two U.S. Senators and House member use your money to pay for millions of legal and illegal immigrants flooding into America annually. I interviewed executive director David Durham of www.Balance.org.
“Massive and increasing costs to taxpayers are incurred, now at $330 billion per year NET of Taxes Immigrants Pay, as each Birth Cohort Matures. Mass Immigration proves costly,” said David Durham.
“Of the Many Costs of mass Immigration borne by U.S. Taxpayers, the Costs of Immigrant Births alone (via Medicaid or the Uninsured) is remarkable. Specifically, 1 in 5 births in the U.S. are to Immigrant Mothers. U.S. Taxpayers pay for 67% of births to illegal immigrants, 47% of births to legal immigrants according to a new report by www.CIS.org, Dr. Steven Camarota, Director of Research, 10/9/18.”
“Based on an analysis of Census Bureau data, the Center estimates that nationally one in 13 births is to an illegal immigrant, totaling 300,000 births a year. One in eight births is to a legal immigrant. We also find that more than half of the births to immigrants (legal and illegal) are paid for by taxpayers, including 67 percent of births to illegal immigrants.”
“Steven Camarota, the Center’s Director of Research and co-author of the report, said, ‘The enormous number of births to legal and illegal immigrants may hinder assimilation as children from immigrant families will largely interact with only each other.”
He also points out that “paying for so many births to immigrant mothers may be appropriate, but the large share who can’t provide for themselves without the help of American taxpayers raises serious questions about whether our current immigration system makes sense.”
Given that Demography is Destiny, consider that since the aforementioned facts are for one year only, what the costs and demographic consequences will be for each year projected into the future unless BALANCE’s Solution is implemented. Consider further that Taxpayer- and Immigrant-Funded Immigrant Births total 791,000 per year.
National Picture from CIS Report
- That legal immigrants accounted for 12.4 percent (494,000) of all births annually and illegal immigrants accounted for 7.5 percent (297,000) annually.
- The 297,000 births per year to illegal immigrants are more than the total number of births to all mothers in any state except California and Texas. They are also more than the total number of births in 16 states combined, plus the District of Columbia.
- The estimated 28,000 births to illegal immigrants in just the Los Angles metro area are more than the total number of births in any of 14 states or the District of Columbia.
- More than half (54 percent) of births to immigrants (legal and illegal) are entirely or largely paid for by taxpayers because the mother is on Medicaid or uninsured.
- Illegal immigrants account for 11 percent (198,000) of all publicly funded births, and legal immigrants are another 13 percent (231,000).
- We roughly estimate that the annual cost to taxpayers for births to immigrants (legal and illegal) is $5.3 billion; $2.4 billion of which is for illegal immigrants.
- In California, New Jersey, and New York, immigrants (legal and illegal) account for about one-third of all births. In Massachusetts, Nevada, Florida, Texas, Hawaii, Maryland, and Washington, immigrants account for one in four births. Immigrants account for one in five births in Virginia, Connecticut, Illinois, Arizona, Rhode Island, and Oregon.
- The states with the largest numbers of births to illegal immigrants are California with 65,000, Texas with 51,000, Florida with 16,000, Illinois with 14,000, Georgia with 13,000, New York with 12,000, and New Jersey and North Carolina with 11,000 each.
- In North Carolina, Texas, and Georgia, three-fourth of births to illegal immigrants were likely paid for by taxpayers. In California, Florida, and New York, two-thirds of these births were likely taxpayer-funded. In Illinois and New Jersey, more than half were likely funded by the public.”
David Durham states the best solution: The U.S.A. needs a zero net (i.e., 150,000 per year arrivals and 150,000 per year leaving) Moratorium applying to all immigrant categories, a Wall at our Southern Border, mandating use of E-Verify in hiring decisions, elimination of anchor baby citizenship and an end to “Catch & Release.”
“Enactment of all these would reduce the 1.6 Million Annual flow of Legal Immigrants (400,000 annually into California alone; U.S. Census) and thus greatly reduce the Annual NET (after subtracting Taxes Immigrants pay) Costs of Legal Immigration, now running at $330 BILLION per year,” said Durham. “Implementing the Trump Administration’s Admirable Proposal that No Green Cards (reflecting permanent Resident Status) would be issued to those who had accepted, or were likely to accept in the future, any Taxpayer-funded Benefits, would reduce Immigrant Numbers significantly.”
When you start adding up these financial figures over the years and then, over the decades, we, the American people face enormous financial burdens created and supported by our two senators and House members. You really need to call them with your anger over their cheating, lying and stealing from your wallet.
After having talked extensively with David Durham, he makes the most sense of any of the top immigration websites such as FAIR.org and/or NumbersUSA.org. We need a total shutdown of all immigration into the USA for 10 to 20 years. We need to get our own house straightened out. If you want more information, contact www.balance.org
Frosty Wooldridge, math-science teacher, Golden, Colorado, has bicycled across six continents in the past 40 years to see world conditions and countries up close and personal. He speaks at civic groups, political clubs and colleges around the United States on immigration-population-quality of life issues facing America. He may be reached at www.HowToLiveALifeOfAdventure.com
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Godfather Politics email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.