Facebook claims it is reconsidering its branding of conservative video stars Diamond and Silk as a danger to their community.
Facebook is reconsidering classifying videos produced by Diamond and Silk, two of President Donald Trump’s most ardent supporters, as “unsafe to the community” after the dynamic duo went on Fox News’ morning show asking why the embattled social media giant had labeled them as such.
In a statement to Fox News, a Facebook spokesperson said: “We have communicated directly with Diamond And Silk about this issue. The message they received last week was inaccurate and not reflective of the way we communicate with our community and the people who run Pages on our platform. We have provided them with more information about our policies and the tools that are applicable to their Page and look forward to the opportunity to speak with them.”
Despite what Facebook told Fox, Diamond and Silk say no one has contacted them:
— Diamond and Silk® (@DiamondandSilk) April 10, 2018
t seems the latest move by the social media company is a mere public-relations ploy intended to provide cover as CEO Mark Zuckerberg is set to testify before Congress. An online protest, dubbed “Faceblock,” asks users of the site to boycott Facebook on April 11, the day Zuckerberg will testify to the House (his Senate testimony is on the 10th).
Let’s see if any Members of Congress have the guts to ask about Diamond and Silk.
As reported here Sunday, Facebook, the social media giant once dubbed the “world’s most dangerous censor,” told the outspoken pro-Trump duo Diamond and Silk that their content was “dangerous” to their community…