Federal Funding for California Bullet Train Formally Gets The Axe


The U.S. is formally canceling $929 million in previously awarded funding for California’s high-speed rail program after rejecting an appeal by the state.

The Federal Railroad Administration said it had canceled the funding awarded in a 2010 agreement after it said the state had “repeatedly failed to comply” and “failed to make reasonable progress on the project.”

Democrats wasted millions…

Trending: Tell Me THIS Wasn't an Organized Attack: Chicago Rioters Jammed Police Radios Confounding Cops

Reason:

take our poll - story continues below

Trump or Biden, who will win?

  • Why wait until November 3? Show all of America who you're voting for in 2020  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Godfather Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Good news for every American who doesn’t live in California: If that state insists on pushing forward with its overbudget, behind-schedule boondoggle of a bullet train, it won’t be with your money.

The Federal Railroad Administration yesterday formally terminated a $929 million grant to help pay for the construction of a high-speed rail line that was originally supposed to link Los Angeles and San Francisco. The Los Angeles Times reports:

The California High-Speed Rail Authority “is chronically behind in project construction activities and has not been able to correct or mitigate its deficiencies,” said Ronald Batory, chief of the federal agency.

The railroad administration’s letter notes that the agency rejected every quarterly budget that the state authority submitted since late 2016, repeatedly admonishing the state for “deficiencies and errors” in its documents. The letter alleges the state made ineligible expenditures from the grants, including giving a bonus to consultants for meeting the terms of the grant and paying for expenses “related to a consultant’s name change.”

The feds warned back in February this was likely coming. While there is no love lost between President Donald Trump and California’s political leadership, this isn’t mere politics—it’s a long-overdue response to a construction plan that has grown wildly, absurdly, almost comically out of control. More

The California boondoggle did just what it was supposed to do and that’s spread money around to liberals in the state. Now how do we divert those funds toward the construction of The Wall?

The feds are also still seriously considering forcing California to pay back $2.5 billion of federal funds that have previously been spent.

Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Godfather Politics email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

You Might Like
Previous Gillibrand: Pro-Life Bills Are ‘Against Christian Faith’
Next AG Barr Appoints U.S. Attorney to Investigate ‘Russiagate’ and the Mice Run For Cover

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon to the right of the comment, and report it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation. If you don't see a commenting section below, please disable your adblocker.