A former environmental activist who believed in global warming is now apologizing for being part of the “climate scare,” but he also just found his op-ed deleted by Forbes.
On June 28, climate activist Michael Shellenberger penned an apology that was published by Forbes. However, it wasn’t long before the left-wing newsroom at the paper rose up and forced the paper to delete Shellenberger’s article.
“I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years,” Shellenberger wrote in his op-ed,
But the next day, on Monday, Shellenberger took to twitter to report:
I have reposted it here:https://t.co/PPcd2DrinO
— Mike Shellenberger (@ShellenbergerMD) June 29, 2020
“Climate change is happening. It’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem,” Shellenberger added.
“I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public,” he continued.
Shellenberger went on to deny 12 climate myths that have been beaten into the minds of people even though they are not true.
“Humans are not causing a ‘sixth mass extinction,'” he began, the Amazon “is not ‘the lungs of the world,’ and climate change “is not making natural disasters worse.”
He continued with many other lies told by the enviro movement:
- Humans are not causing a “sixth mass extinction”
- Climate change is not making natural disasters worse
- Fires have declined 25% around the world since 2003
- The amount of land we use for meat — humankind’s biggest use of land — has declined by an area nearly as large as Alaska
- The build-up of wood fuel and more houses near forests, not climate change, explain why there are more, and more dangerous, fires in Australia and California
- Carbon emissions are declining in most rich nations and have been declining in Britain, Germany, and France since the mid-1970s
- Netherlands became rich not poor while adapting to life below sea level
- We produce 25% more food than we need and food surpluses will continue to rise as the world gets hotter
- Habitat loss and the direct killing of wild animals are bigger threats to species than climate change
- Wood fuel is far worse for people and wildlife than fossil fuels
- Preventing future pandemics requires more not less “industrial” agriculture
“I know that the above facts will sound like ‘climate denialism’ to many people. But that just shows the power of climate alarmism,” he wrote.
Shellenberger next said that until last year, he avoided speaking out against global warming because he was embarrassed since he was “as guilty of alarmism as any other environmentalist.”
Last year, though, “things spiraled out of control,” he wrote.
“Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said, ‘The world is going to end in twelve years if we don’t address climate change.” Britain’s most high-profile environmental group claimed ‘Climate Change Kills Children,'” he said.
AOC, and others led to an avalanche of lies about the climate and he could stand it no more.
So, this all impelled Shellenberger to come to terms with his complicity over the climate lies.
Shellenberger has written a book, Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All., to make amends.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Godfather Politics email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.