The Gillette razor company lost $8 billion (yes, that is with a “B”) after its ad campaigns celebrating the mental illness that is transgenderism and pushing the #MeToo movement.
You may recall earlier this year when the Gillette company (owned by Procter & Gamble) sponsored a series of commercials and ads celebrating trannies. But that was only one of its left-wing ad campaigns, because months earlier the company also pushed out an ad accusing American men of perpetrating “toxic masculinity.”
In January, for instance, Gillette published a video ad featuring footage of men being violent, ignorant, jerks interspersed with reports from the #MeToo movement.
“‘Boys will be boys’? Isn’t it time we stopped excusing bad behavior? Re-think and take action by joining us at TheBestMenCanBe.org,” the razor company tweeted on January 14.
— Gillette (@Gillette) January 14, 2019
Then, a few months later, Gillette floated another ad campaign celebrating transgenderism.
The second campaign was pushed out in May and featured a girl who is taking male hormones and steroids and who is spouting facial hair. Along side “him” is a “proud dad” — who is happy to be abusing his daughter by treating her like a boy — and is showing her how to shave.
Naturally, Gillette was very proud of its wokeness. According to Market Watch, Gillette’s CEO said the loss of business was “worth it.”
Gillette’s CEO and president, Gary Coombe, says that angering some consumers with its #metoo campaign was a “price worth paying” if it meant the brand could increase its relevance among younger consumers and turn around its falling market share…
Gillette made the decision to launch the campaign in a bid to target the millennial market…
But Coombe admitted Gillette’s strategy hadn’t helped. He explained: “The worst thing during through that period was, we also lost connection with the millennial generation. Gillette quickly became the brand of the millennial generation’s dads.”
So, how much did Gillette lose after the ad campaigns? Well, Procter & Gamble has marked down Gillette a whopping $8 billion dollars!
According to the Washington Times, “The year that Gillette launched its ‘We Believe’ campaign and asked “Is this the best a man can get?” has coincided with P&G’s $8 billion non-cash writedown for the shaving giant.”
That is a HUGE loss! And it couldn’t happen to a more deserving company.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.