When not busy with his pro-Muslim media outlet, Al-Jazeera, Al Gore is still one of the loudest advocates of the perils of global warming. For over twenty years, Gore has predicted the doom of all of mankind due to global warming.
Had you listened to him early on, you would expect cities like New York; Miami; New Orleans; Guangzhou, China; Mumbai, India; Osaka, Japan; Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam; Jakarta, Indonesia; Alexandria, Egypt; Amsterdam, Netherlands and dozens of others would be under water by now. The polar ice caps should be gone, most of the glaciers throughout the world should have been melted and Antarctica should be nothing by but a giant landmass at the South Pole.
Yet, while Gore has been running around like Chicken Little screaming ‘The globe is warming! The globe is warming!” statistics show the opposite. For starters, it appears that 2013 is one of the ten coldest years in the US since they started keeping track back in 1895.
Worse yet for Gore and the other global warming worriers, statistics show that 2013 is the 17th consecutive year with NO global warming. The effects have been so drastic that some climatologists have hinted that we may be heading for another ice age down the road.
In honor of 17 years of no global warming, The Daily Caller published a list of seven setbacks for global warming:
1) Studies show that the world was warmer than it is today during the Roman Empire and when the Vikings were plundering Europe and North America. In fact, even in the 19th Century, there were discussions surrounding the fact that the Vikings could settle the northernmost reaches of Greenland and North America because there was less ice coverage.
2) During the second week in December, the U.S. saw more than 2000 record low temperatures and record snowfalls, according to the National Weather Service and HamWeather records center. There were 606 record low temperatures, 1,234 low maximum temperatures and 285 record snowfalls across the country. In the meantime there were only 98 high temperature records and 141 high minimum temperature records.
3) Satellite data shows that the polar bears have at least one reason to be happy this year – Arctic sea ice coverage was up 50 percent over last year’s record low coverage. Contrary to Al Gore’s prediction that there would be no polar ice cap by this year, sea ice coverage spanned nearly 2,100 cubic miles by the end of this year’s melting season, up from about 1,400 cubic last year.
4) Global cooling is on the way, according to an increasing number of scientists. German scientists have predicted that based on declining sunspot activity and natural climate oscillation the world will cool over the next century. Temperatures will eventually drop to levels corresponding with the “little ice age” of 1870.
5) Other scientists have also been coming around to the global cooling side of things. The BBC reported that Professor Mike Lockwood of the Reading University predicts that at the current rate of decline in solar activity, another “Little Ice Age” could envelope Northern Europe.
6) The United Nations climate bureaucracy’s latest global warming report was called “hilarious” by a leading scientist from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Dr. Richard Lindzen said the UN’s report “has truly sunk to level of hilarious incoherence” because they continue to proclaim with ever greater certainty that mankind is causing global warming, despite their models continually being wrong.
“Their excuse for the absence of warming over the past 17 years is that the heat is hiding in the deep ocean,” Lindzen said. “However, this is simply an admission that the models fail to simulate the exchanges of heat between the surface layers and the deeper oceans.”
7) The Senate testimony of Dr. Roger Pielke of the University of Colorado completely undercut environmentalists and Democrats trying to claim that global warming was causing “extreme weather.”
“It is misleading and just plain incorrect to claim that disasters associated with hurricanes, tornadoes, floods or droughts have increased on climate timescales either in the United States or globally,” Pielke said. “It is further incorrect to associate the increasing costs of disasters with the emission of greenhouse gases.”
The other witnesses on the panel did not refute Pielke’s data.
Regardless of the data or the history, Gore and his climate cronies will continue to sound their alarm. Without the threat of mass destruction caused by global warming, Gore will have to invent other environmental disaster scenarios to push his one world government agenda. He needs something on a global scale that can be used to unite all of the countries of the world through the United Nations.
Nothing else but a global environmental disaster will work to bring most of the countries of the world together. Not the threat of war or economic failure has worked in the past. Back in the early 1960s it was determined that the only thing that could possibly work would have to be environmental and on a global scale.
With the heated intensity of global warming cooling off, we’ll just have to sit back and wait to see what global disaster Gore and others will cook up next.