Senate Judiciary Chairman Graham sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray on Wednesday demanding the FBI brief the Committee on the pre-dawn raid of Roger Stone.
In the letter, Chairman Lindsey Graham said he is “concerned about the manner in which the arrest was effectuated, especially the number of agents involved, the tactics employed” and if the FBI tipped off the press (CNN). He also asked that the FBI provide the Committee with a briefing no later than Tuesday, February 5, 2019.
— Senate Judiciary (@senjudiciary) January 30, 2019
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham is requesting an FBI briefing about the circumstances of a pre-dawn raid of Trump confidant Roger Stone’s home in Florida last Friday.
“I am concerned about the manner in which the arrest was effectuated, especially the number of agents involved, the tactics employed, the timing of the arrest, and whether the FBI released details of the arrest and the indictment to the press prior to providing this information to Mr. Stone’s attorneys,” Graham, a South Carolina Republican, wrote FBI Director Christopher Wray on Wednesday.
Graham is requesting a briefing from the FBI by Feb. 5 into the raid, which he asserted matched the tactics typically used to arrest a violent criminal.
He is also demanding to know whether the press was tipped off about Stone’s impending arrest. CNN cameras were rolling as a swarm of armed FBI agents and U.S. marshals stormed Stone’s property shortly before dawn on Jan. 25. More
Prior to the briefing, the FBI must provide them with answers to the following questions:
1) Why was it necessary to arrest Mr. Stone at his home in the early morning hours, rather than working through his attorneys to permit him to surrender voluntarily?
2) Was the manner of Mr. Stone’s arrest consistent with the arrests of, and procedures for the arrests of, similarly charged individuals?
3) Were usual procedures for obtaining and executing arrest and search warrants followed with regard to Mr. Stone?
4) Did the Special Counsel’s office issue a press release and release the indictment to the press prior to informing Mr. Stone’s attorneys of the arrest?
5) Did anyone at the FBI, DOJ, or the Special Counsel’s office alert CNN, any other media outlet, or anyone outside of law enforcement that the arrest was going to occur on the morning of January 25, 2019?
I’d like to know who was in charge of the raid and why they felt the need for lethal force against two elderly people.
Haul Christopher A. Wray in front of Congress and grill him right on TV so the American people can watch. We demand answers, we pay his salary.Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.