The White House sent out a publicity photo of President Obama shooting a shot gun.
“The photo, taken by White House photographer Pete Souza, depicts a sunglasses-wearing Obama firing what appears to be a Browning Citori 725, the shotgun wedged against his left shoulder, a pillow of white smoke emerging from the barrel.”
The President is supposed to be an example for the children of America. What does a photograph of the President of the United States shooting a deadly weapon do to the mental health of young children? It’s squeezes them between two moral dilemmas. Should they follow the example of the President of the United States or should they abide by no-tolerance gun edicts?
When it was learned that Bill Clinton engaged in oral sex with Monica Lewinsky, news stories reported that middle school and high school students were engaging in the practice because, as the president said, it wasn’t really sex. Kids aren’t stupid. They don’t fall for the line, “Do as I say, not as I do.” Kids can spot hypocrisy a mile away.
Now we come to zero-tolerance policies on weapons that are a part of every every public school in America. Any talk or depiction of a weapon can get a child suspended. Here are some examples:
- A kid makes a gun with his fingers. He gets suspended from school.
- A New Jersey second-grader drew a stick figure shooting a gun. It got him a one-day school suspension.
- “The mother of 7-year-old Kyle Walker told an Atlantic City newspaper (The Press) that her son was suspended for violating the district’s zero-tolerance policy on guns. She says her son told her he’d drawn a water pistol. Kyle gave the picture to another child on the school bus, and that child’s parents complained about it to school officials.”
- “Four kindergarten boys were suspended in 2000 for playing cops and robbers, even though they were using their fingers as guns.”
- “A 5-year-old boy is facing suspension after building a Lego gun at his Massachusetts school.”
- Then there’s the story of a gun that makes bubbles. Out she went even though the toy was never in her possession.
- A high school student in Florence, Arizona, was suspended because of a picture of an AK-47 on top of a flag that he used as his desktop background on his school-issued computer. A teacher noticed it and turned him in..
The parents of these suspended children should sue the schools using the following defense: “If the President can shoot a deadly weapon, why can’t my child pretend to portray a gun by using fingers, drawing a gun on a piece of paper, or make a gun out of Legos?”
The Left is trying to claim that President Obama is not anti-gun by showing him shooting skeet. Give me a break. The Second Amendment is not about shooting skeet. It’s about self-defense and a deterrent to political tyranny.
Kids were shooting one another with their fingers and saying “bang, bang” for decades with no school shootings like we have today. Something has happened to our moral culture. It’s not the fault of the guns but the people who decide to pull the trigger.Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Godfather Politics email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.