Jet Blue Airways Corporation thought it had the perfect black person to celebrate for Black History Month when it chose cop killer Assata Shakur as one of its honorees.
No, seriously. Jet Blue praised and honored a cop killer.
The airline put out posters celebrating the murderer in at least one airport, according to Daily Caller.
The Caller says that the posters appeared at John F. Kennedy International Airport:
Shakur, whose real name is Joanne Chesimard, has been on the FBI’s Most Wanted list for decades after escaping from prison in 1979, where she was serving out a life sentence for murdering a police officer. Shakur eventually fled to Cuba.
— Jen (@Jennymz76Jenny) February 24, 2019
The company tried to back track and apologize for celebrating a murderer:
“Our crewmembers came together to celebrate Black History Month with a display in Terminal 5 featuring prominent individuals in history. When we learned of concerns regarding one individual, we immediately removed the poster,” Jet Blue said.
But you can’t say the company was unaware of the woman’s crimes. Indeed, the wonderful things Jet Blue was praising her for included “Became the first woman to be placed on the FBI’s Most Wanted list after escaping to Cuba from prison, where she was serving a life sentence for the 1973 murder of a police officer.”
It was right there on the poster!
The poster that featured a photo of this monster praised her for:
- Civil Rights activist and a member of the Black Panther Party.
- Regarded as a hero for her protests against racism and her role win the 1970s Black Liberation Army.
- Community advocate who helped the poor by organizing a free breakfast program and a health clinic.
- Became the first woman to be placed on the FBI’s Most Wanted list after escaping to Cuba from prison, where she was serving a life sentence for the 1973 murder of a police officer.
- Many people believe Shakur to be a political champion who is innocent of the criminal accusations against her.
The company was 100 percent aware of her crimes. And they praised her for them.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com on Instagram.