Jussie Smollett is Back — Now Wants to Sue Chicago


Hate crime hoaxer Jussie Smollett is back and looking for trouble, this time claiming he is eyeing a lawsuit against the City of Chicago for daring to blow the whistle on his fake hate crime.

When last we heard from the disgraced Empire actor, Smollett had been hit with a $130,000 bill from the City of Chicago. It was the price tag of all the police activity the city spent investigating his fake hate crime.

According to the lawsuit filed by the City of Chicago:

Trending: Ex-NFL Player Arrested for Vandalizing His Own Business with ‘MAGA’ and Racist Slurs

On January 29, 2019, Defendant submitted a false police report claiming that he was the victim of a racist and homophobic beating by unknown attackers. In reality, Defendant knew his attackers and orchestrated the purported attack himself. Later, when police confronted him with evidence about his attackers, he still refused to disclose his involvement in planning the attack.

take our poll - story continues below

Would more gun control laws reduce mass shootings in America?

  • Would more gun control laws reduce mass shootings in America?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Godfather Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Now Smollett says that he is set to launch a counter lawsuit!

According to Townhall:

“Defendant contemplates filing an action against the City of Chicago and/or its agents for their conduct underlying the arrest and their conduct thereafter including constitutional claims and state law claims. Defendant reserves the right to bring such claims at the appropriate time provided by law,” Smollett’s attorneys wrote.

Both the city and Smollett’s legal team say they need until next year to prepare for a trial, so this story will drag on for another year, at least.

Smollett is, of course, infamous for hiring two Chicago black body builders to fake an attack on him in January of this year.

The two men were seen on store surveillance video buying the same supplies that police found used in the “attack” that Smollett reported. Police also discovered a check for $10,000 that he wrote to the men.

During the weeks long investigation, the Chicago Police found no video evidence of the “white men” that Smollett said attacked him despite that the area where the actor said the attack took place is heavily monitored by both city and private video cameras. The two black men Smollett hired, though, are seen on the video.

The Chicago Police charged Smollett for submitting a false police report and other charges, but an inept city attorney’s office bungled the case and Smollett walked free of the charges.

That same city office is now under investigation for corruption.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com on Instagram.

You Might Like
Previous Seven Times Joe Biden Lied About Things He Claimed He Did
Next Flashback: Every Time Elizabeth Warren Has Lied About Her Native American Heritage

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon to the right of the comment, and report it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.