Kentucky Catholic Bishop FINALLY Apologizes to Covington Kids for Attacking Them


The Bishop of Covington has finally apologized to the Covington Catholic school boys for so quickly blaming the kids for the incident in Washington D.C. that liberals claimed showed the kids acting like MAGA hat-wearing racists.

Catholic Bishop Roger J. Foys wasted no time condemning the boys after the incident was first reported. But after that first day video emerged that proved that the boys were the real victims in the story.

But instead of waiting to learn what really happened, the Catholic leader joined the extreme, hate-filled left to attack the students of his own Diocese.

Trending: Twitter Goes Nuts After President Trump Verbally Chastises Juan Williams

On Friday, though, Foys’s office released a letter reversing his earlier attack on the boys.

take our poll - story continues below

Do you believe there was foul play involved in the alleged Jeffrey Epstein suicide?

  • Do you believe there was foul play involved in the alleged Jeffrey Epstein suicide?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Godfather Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

“Within hours we were being pressured from all sides to make a statement regarding a video clip which purportedly showed students from Covington Catholic High School being disrespectful to Native American Elder Nathan Phillips,” the Bishop’s letter explained.

“Based on what the video clip showed we condemned the actions of students who engaged in the alleged disrespect and promised to investigate the matter,” Foys added.

“Since that time other video clips,” Foys continued, “some of much longer duration — have surfaced. Once these went viral some of the very same people who put tremendous pressure on us to condemn the actions of the students now wanted a retraction from anyone who had previously issued a statement critical of them. All this was based again on a video.”

The Bishop added that many of the lids, including the family of Nicholas Sandmann, have been beset with death threats from enraged liberals. Then the Bishop apologized to Sandmann in particular.

“We are sorry that this situation has caused such disruption in the lives of so many. We apologize to anyone who has been offended in any way by either of our statements which were made with good will based on the information we had,” Foys said.

Then Foys stated the obvious:

“We should not have allowed ourselves to be bullied and pressured into making a statement prematurely, and we take full responsibility for it,” he said.

“I especially apologize to Nicholas Sandmann and his family as well as to all Covington Catholic families who have felt abandoned during this ordeal,” Foys said. “Nicholas unfortunately has become the face of these allegations based on video clips. This is not fair. It is not just.”

This is a lesson for the whole country. Don’t be bamboozled by the liars from the liberal outrage machine. They are nearly always wrong. Wait for the facts.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com on Instagram.

You Might Like
Previous College’s Multicultural Room Condemned As Too Inclusive
Next Undocumented Immigrant Wants To Change Our 'White Supremacist' Pledge of Allegiance

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon to the right of the comment, and report it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.