How would you feel if your child’s school implemented a new gender inclusion policy, but did not give you the option to opt your child out? Minnesota parents at a kindergarten through 12th grade school are currently in that predicament.
Daily Wire reports:
According to The Daily Signal, Nova Classical Academy caved in to the demands of political correctness after facing a lawsuit from two aggrieved parents blaming the school’s backward policies of not being inclusive enough on gender for the “bullying and hostility” directed at their transgender child and other gender “nonconforming” students.
— mathewsjw (@mathewsjw) August 8, 2017
The 16-month legal battle eventually ended in a settlement, with the school adopting a new gender inclusion policy that gives no allowance for parents to opt out based on religious or conscience objections,” and also “not [to] call parents’ or guardians’ attention to the policy.”
It all began when two highly irresponsible parents, David and Hannah Edwards, placated their son’s delusions of being a girl trapped in a boy’s body by letting him live this fantasy out. Instead of getting him some serious help, they filed a complaintagainst Nova Classical Academy, in St. Paul, Minnesota, accusing the school of failing to “protect their child and other gender nonconforming and transgender students at Nova from persistent gender-based bullying and hostility.”
The parents of this mentally ill child accused the school of denying “their child the ability to undergo a gender transition at Nova in a safe and timely way.”
Sorry, but just because your child is having trouble accepting the penis between their legs does not mean they get special treatment.
From The Daily Signal:
Their lawsuit, filed March 24, 2016, said the school violated two laws, the Minnesota Human Rights Act and the St. Paul Human Rights Ordinance.
Gender Justice, a nonprofit legal and advocacy organization for LGBT individuals, represented the Edwardses in the suit against Nova Classical Academy.
The school initially denied the allegations, but Gender Justice announcedMonday that both parties had reached an agreement through a ‘confidential mediation process.’
The school must now “pay damages of $120,000 to Hannah and David Edwards and their minor child, H.E.,” as well as revise their gender inclusion policy. Here’s the kicker, the kid doesn’t even go to that school anymore! The pathetic parents sued out of spite!
Here is the press release of policies that Nova Classical Academy now adheres to:
Gender-Neutral School Uniforms
- Nova will remove descriptions of disallowed clothing that includes language regarding “exposing the midriff” and “skimpy tank tops” and simply bar “any clothing not allowed under Nova’s school uniform guidelines.”
- Nova will add a cross reference to its gender inclusion policy in the uniform guidelines.
- Nova will eliminate gendered uniform policies and make all approved uniform items available without regard to gender.
‘Opt Out’ Not Allowed
- Nova will not adopt any gender policy that allows parents to opt out of requirements in the gender inclusion policy because of objections based on religion or conscience.
- Nova will not call parents’ or guardians’ attention to policy or law allowing them to opt out of specific instruction regarding gender inclusion.
- Nova will provide professional development for all staff on supporting gender diverse students, by welcoming schools or another national LGBT organization that specializes in providing schoolwide training to help staff “respond to bias-based bullying and create gender inclusive classroom environments” by the close of the 2018-2019 school year.
- Nova will ensure that all staff receive such training at least once every three years through 2025.
The delusional folks on the left continue to amaze me. Every time I think I have heard the most ridiculous story possible…BOOM! There’s another!