Rosanne Barr got what she deserved today.
Her incredibly successful TV show was canceled because of an absolutely disgustingly racist tweet about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett.
In an entirely mendacious move, MSNBC interviewed Ms. Jarrett about Barr during a Tuesday evening special on racism.
Talking to Jarrett wasn’t hypocritical, but who they had in attendance was;
.@ValerieJarrett responds to Roseanne Barr's tweet, saying Disney’s chairman called her before announcing that ABC was canceling the show: "This should be a teaching moment.” #EverydayRacism pic.twitter.com/b0EvA8WAeY
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) May 29, 2018
On one side of Ms. Jarrett is the homophobic Joy Reid on the other is the professional bigot Al Sharpton who led two anti-Semitic pogroms in NY City.
Just a month ago on April 23 Mediaite, published a story revealing posts Joy Reid had written on her personal site. She had she erased the articles, but they were still available thanks to the Wayback Machine. The posts exposed were horribly homophobic. Some of the worst ones were summarized by the Intercept:
- “Defend[ing] former NBA star Tim Hardaway’s aggressively anti-gay comments by writing that while such comments are stupid for a public figure to make: ‘most straight people cringe at the sight of two men kissing’”;
- Saying she “couldn’t go see [Brokeback Mountain] either, despite my sister’s ringing endorsement, because I didn’t want to watch the two male characters having sex. Does that make me homophobic? Probably”;
- Arguing that “intrinsic” to being straight is finding gay sex acts “gross”;
- “Defending Marine General Peter Pace after he condemned ‘homosexual acts’ as ‘immoral’ by suggesting his views are actually normal”;
- Opposing Harriet Miers’s nomination to the Supreme Court by implying she is a closeted lesbian and comparing her “lesbian haircut” to those worn by the presidents of NOW and GLAAD;
- Promoting the ugliest and most destructive stereotype of gay men as pedophile predators by suggesting that anti-gay attitudes are based in “concerns that adult gay men tend to be attracted to very young, post-pubescent types, bringing them ‘into the lifestyle’ in a way that many people consider to be immoral” and that “gay rights groups seek to organize very young, impressionable teens who may have an inclination that they are gay.”
On the other side of Valerie Jarret is Al Sharpton, professional bigot, and preacher who doesn’t believe in the Ninth Commandment (Don’t bear false witness). Along with his other faults, Sharpton is an Antisemite.
For example, when NYC Jews complained about the Antisemitism of Black College professor Leonard Jeffries in 1991, Sharpton called them race baiters adding “If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house.”
Sharpton refused to meet with NY Attorney General Robert Abrams during the Tawana Brawley hoax because (he claimed) meeting the Jewish Abrams would be “like asking someone who watched someone killed in the gas chamber to sit down with Mr. Hitler.”