Pelosi: As a Catholic, Abortion is “Sacred Ground to Me”

A bill passed a congressional committee that would make abortions after 20 weeks illegal unless the doctor decided that not having one would endanger the mother’s health or life. Not surprisingly, Nancy Pelosi is opposed to the bill, because it would infringe on mothers’ “reproductive rights.” And she of all people knows best about the “sanctity” of human life abortion, because she’s Catholic. Or so she says.

Regarding her opposition to the bill, a reporter with the Weekly Standard asked her what the moral difference is between Kermit Gosnell, who murdered born-alive babies, and an abortionist who performs “legal” abortions on babies as late as 28 weeks into a pregnancy just seconds before they’re born. She did not want to answer the question:

 “You’re probably enjoying that question a lot, I can see you savoring it. Let me just tell you this… Let me just tell you this. What was done in Philadelphia was reprehensible and everybody condemned it. For them to decide to disrespect a judgment a woman makes about her reproductive health is reprehensible. Next question.”

The reporter pressed her to answer the question about what difference it makes. Why would she condemn Gosnell but be opposed to a bill that would outlaw Gosnells and many others like him? Pelosi responded:

 “This is not the issue. They are saying that there’s no abortion. It would make it a federal law that there would be no abortion in our country. You’re taking the extreme case. You’re taking the extreme case. And what I’m saying to you what happened in Philadelphia was reprehensible. And I do not think you – I’m not going to have this conversation with you because you obviously have an agenda. You’re not interested in having an answer… I’ve responded to you to the extent that I’m going to respond to you. Because I want to tell you something. As the mother of five children, my oldest child was 6 years old the day I brought my 5th child home from the hospital, as a practicing and respectful Catholic, this is sacred ground to me when we talk about this. I don’t think it should have anything to do with politics. And that’s where you’re taking it and I’m not going there.”

take our poll - story continues below

Will the Democrats try to impeach President Trump now that they control the House?

  • Will the Democrats try to impeach President Trump now that they control the House?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Godfather Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Trending: ‘Houston Chronicle’ Forced to Retract Stories After Reporter’s Work Proven a Fraud

 The bill doesn’t outlaw abortion like she said it did. It would ban late term abortions. Abortions after 20 weeks. That accounts for only 1.5% of abortions in the U.S. About 18,000 a year. She’d still get to keep the rest of the 98.5% of abortions that happen before 20 weeks. Isn’t that enough?

Her Catholic comment was baffling. I thought Catholics were traditionally opposed to abortion. And contraception. And she claims to be a “practicing and respectful” Catholic who views abortion as “sacred ground.” Sick.

Previous Godfather PR: NPR “Covers” Politics & Crime In Massachusetts
Next Second Grade Pop Tart Terrorist’s Record is Permanent


Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.