NAS Pensacola shooting presumed to be ‘terrorism,’ Saudi student recorded the attack on video according to the FBI.
FBI Special Agent Rachel Rojas confirmed the agency is working under the presumption that Friday’s shooting was terrorism-related.
The gunman is identified as 21-year-old Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, a second lieutenant in the Royal Saudi Air Force. Rojas said he was the only shooter, and investigators are working to determine whether he acted alone or if he were working as part of a larger network.
“There are a number of Saudi students who were close to the shooter and continue to cooperate in this investigation,” Rojas said. “Their Saudi commanding officer has restricted them to base, and the Saudi government has pledged to fully cooperate with our investigation.”
Investigators looking into the deadly attack at a U.S. naval base in Florida said Sunday they’re working under the presumption it was an act of terrorism involving a lone gunman, and that no arrests have been made in connection to the incident — as officials revealed that a Saudi student recorded at least part of the attack on video.
In remarks delivered at a news conference, FBI Special Agent-In-Charge Rachel Rojas said all international students at that base have been accounted for and that all the Saudi students close to the shooter were continuing to cooperate in the investigation.
“We are, as we do in most active-shooter investigations, work with the presumption that this was an act of terrorism,” Rojas told reporters.
Federal officials were asked about reports that gunman Mohammed Alshamrani, 21, hosted a dinner party earlier in the week where he and three others watched videos of mass shootings. The official who spoke Saturday to The Associated Press said one of the three students who attended the dinner party hosted by the attacker recorded video outside the classroom building while the shooting was taking place on Friday. Two other Saudi students watched from a car, the official said.
Rojas declined to comment on those reports. In an exclusive interview on “Fox News Sunday,” Defense Secretary Mark Esper said it’s unclear if they were filming it before it began or if it was something where they picked up their phones filmed it when they saw it unfolding.
“You know, today, people pull out their phones and film everything and anything that happens,” Esper told Fox News’ Chris Wallace. More
So the guys who he was watching the mass shooting videos with and who watched and videoed the attack were just a coincidence?
TIME 2 CHANGE PROTOCOLS, all FOREIGN NATIONALS can get their training in their home country.🤔 HOW DOES A FOREIGN NATIONAL GET A GLOCK HERE IN🇺🇸?⚠️🏹
NAS Pensacola shooting presumed to be ‘terrorism,’ Saudi student recorded attack on video, officials sayhttps://t.co/JDjagE2glS
— Jhonny P8NTRMAN🏹 (@P8NTRMAN) December 8, 2019
“You know, today, people pull out their phones and film everything and anything that happens.” Right, but this just “happened” to be two other Saudi students? Look deeper.Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.
Become an insider!
Sign up for the free Godfather Politics email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.