Pentagon Shifts $1.5 Billion to Build the Wall Along US/Mexico Border


The Pentagon has approved a plan to move $1.5 billion in budget money to put toward building President Trump’s border wall.

Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan approved the plan to re-allocate the funds earmarked for the Afghan security forces.

According to Fox News:

Trending: Twitter Goes Nuts After President Trump Verbally Chastises Juan Williams

“Today, I authorized the transfer of $1.5 billion toward the construction of more than 80 miles of border barrier,” he said. “The funds were drawn from a variety of sources, including cost savings, programmatic changes, and revised requirements, and therefore will have minimal impact on force readiness.”

take our poll - story continues below

Do you believe there was foul play involved in the alleged Jeffrey Epstein suicide?

  • Do you believe there was foul play involved in the alleged Jeffrey Epstein suicide?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Godfather Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Shanahan approved the first transfer of funds from the budget to wall construction when one billion dollars was transferred in March.

“The combined total of $2.5 billion is in response to President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency at the border,” Fox reported.

Fox added:

Shanahan, who has said he plans to visit the border on Saturday, said that the Pentagon is “fully engaged” in fixing the border crisis. He said that more than 4,000 troops and 19 aircraft are supporting Customs and Border Protection personnel.

Naturally the Democrats were against the plan and the coming appointment of Shanahan to become the next Secretary of Defense.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders praised the move saying, “Acting Secretary Shanahan has proven over the last several months that he is beyond qualified to lead the Department of Defense, and he will continue to do so.”

Shanahan said he was “honored” by Trump’s decision.

“If confirmed by the Senate, I will continue the aggressive implementation of our National Defense Strategy,” he said. “I remain committed to modernizing the force so our remarkable Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines have everything they need to keep our military lethal and our country safe.”

He’s on the right track so far, anyway.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com on Instagram.

You Might Like
Previous Grade School Eliminates Mother's Day Because 'We No Longer Are in a Binary World'
Next Beto O'Rourke Wants to Use IRS to Take Money from White People and Give it to Blacks

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon to the right of the comment, and report it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.