Poll Indirectly Indicates GOP Could Lose Run for White House in 2016

Republicans considering a run for the White House in 2016 are starting to strut around like a bunch of roosters vying for a handful of hens. I’m not sure if anyone has officially declared themselves to be a candidate but they are taking on the appearance of such.

I’m sure you’ve heard a number of names being bantered around the news and may have even picked one or two that you favor over others. Rasmussen Reports wanted to see just what names stood out to voters at this early stage. The first question they asked was:

“If the 2016 Republican presidential primary were held in your state today, would you vote for: Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul, Mitt Romney, Scott Walker, Rick Perry, Marco Rubio or Ben Carson?”

take our poll - story continues below

Should Brett Kavanaugh withdraw over sexual misconduct allegations?

  • Should Brett Kavanaugh withdraw over sexual misconduct allegations?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Godfather Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Trending: GOP Congressman’s Siblings Slam Him in Ad for Democrat Opponent, Mom Criticizes Them

The second question they asked narrowed the field to two:

“If it was a contest between Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney, whom would you choose?”

The response to the first question placed Romney in the overall lead with 24% of Republican voters. Jeb Bush was second with 13%, Ben Carson was third with 12%, Scott Walker was fourth with 11%, Rand Paul and Chris Christie only received 7% each, Marco Rubio and Rick Perry both limped in 5% each. Four percent said they preferred someone else not on the list and 12% were undecided.

These figures could easily change in the next two years. When asked how firm their votes were at this time, only 30% said their votes were firm. That leaves 70% that weren’t positive of which candidate their really favor.

The answer to the second question was very telling and very troubling. Voters said that if they had to choose between Romney and Bush, 49% said Romney and only 32% said Bush.

They suspect that Bush’s double digit trailing of Romney could be due to his more liberal views on immigration reform and education. Jeb Bush favors many of Obama’s open policies on immigration and amnesty. Bush is also a huge supporter of the highly controversial Common Core Standards that has been repeatedly attacked by conservatives including myself.

The question is, can either of them beat Hillary Clinton? Rasmussen didn’t ask that question but given what I’ve seen of American voters and the political machines, I honestly don’t think either Romney or Bush could defeat Clinton. Other recent polls show Hillary with a distinct advantage over any of the possible Republican challengers.

Having Hillary Clinton as the next president is almost as scary as having Obama win a third term. She is just as anti-gun, pro-Muslim and pro-United Nations as Obama is. When Bill Clinton was president, it was Hillary that worked behind the scenes to push for a national socialized medicine like we have under Obamacare. Hillary’s closest aid and confidant, while she was Secretary of State, was the daughter of a Muslim Sisterhood leader. While serving as Secretary of State, Hillary signed every anti-gun, anti-free speech and anti-parent treaty the United Nations put forth.

At the moment, the polls show a bleak outlook for any hope the GOP has of winning the White House. Someone needs to step up and take the lead soon if there is any hope of preventing Hillary Clinton from further destroying America.

Previous Bipartisan Special Skills Visa Bill Helping Companies Get Rid of Older Employees
Next Free Speech Zones are Not About Free Speech


Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.