Every time you turn on some media broadcast, Donald Trump’s comments about Muslims and immigration are there. Nearly every Democrat and Republican has denounced his comments as “un-American,” Hitleresque, unpatriotic, and unconstitutional.
Religion is now important, except when it isn’t.
Where was the sanctity of religion when the Obama administration went after the Little Sisters of the Poor to force them to pay for contraceptives “because Catholic sisters need to pay for birth control”?
Why the ongoing attack on Hobby Lobby for refusing to be forced to pay for abortion-related contraceptives?:
“The Supreme Court . . . court ruled 5-4 in favor of David and Barbara Green and their family business, Hobby Lobby, [that] they do not have to violate their faith or pay severe fines.”
Even after this court ruling, Democrats continue to harass Hobby Lobby with the argument that religion should not trump public policy.
Why did this case ever get to the Supreme Court? The Obama administration decided to make a federal case out of the stand Hobby Lobby took. So much for the Greens’ religious beliefs.
Then there are the numerous cases of businesses being sued because they refused to offer their services to same-sex weddings because of their religious views. (No one should be forced to do anything that goes against their beliefs – religious or not.)
- A Christian photographer was fined nearly $7,000 because she “refused to take pictures of a same-sex commitment ceremony for two women.”
- Oregon bakers Aaron and Melissa Klein refused to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex wedding and a judged ruled that they must pay a fine of $135,000 for violating the state’s anti-discrimination laws.
- “The New York State Division of Human Rights (DHR) has ruled that the Roman Catholic owners of an Albany-area farm violated the civil rights of a lesbian couple when they declined to host the couple’s same-sex ‘marriage’ ceremony in 2012.” The couple was fined $13,000.
Then there are incidents like these:
- “In Elkin, North Carolina, a bench honoring the memory of a 16-month-old boy who died in a hit-and-run car accident was removed from a municipal park because a bible verse and two crosses were engraved on it.” (H/T: Breitbart)
- “Prayer at Air Force Academy football games is a ‘putrid example of fundamentalist Christian supremacy,’ according to radical atheist Mikey Weinstein, who has worked with President Barack Obama’s administration to purge faithful Christians from the ranks of the U.S. military. . . . One news agency reports that Weinstein says this simple act of prayer could be used in anti-American propaganda by Islamic terrorists in ISIS and al-Qaeda, suggesting that the prayers could help provoke a terrorist attack on the United States and endanger the lives of American citizens.” (H/T: Breitbart)
- “Two days after receiving a letter from a group that represents atheists and seeks to defend the separation of church and state, Naperville Unit District 203 officials have told Naperville Central High School head football coach Mike Stine that he cannot lead his players in prayer.” (H/T: Daily Herald)
Liberals have condemned the actions of these religious people, and they are the same people condemning Donald Trump for his comments about Muslims. But unlike the photographers and bakers and park benches and football players, some of the Muslims are trying to kill us!Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com on Instagram.