Most control laws have grandfather exemptions. In other words, if you have owned a gun for over twenty years, you don’t need to undergo a background check. If your parents or grandparents gave you a gun, that transfer of ownership didn’t have to be recorded either. If you bought a gun from a gun show or another person, that also didn’t need to be recorded.
But Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-CA), Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, wants to change all of that. After the first of the year, she is planning on introducing a massive new gun control bill that will require every gun owner, regardless of any grandfather clause, to be fingerprinted and have a background check run on them. The bill will also require every gun in the nation to be registered, regardless of how old it is or how you obtained it.
Here is a summary, taken from her own website, of the legislation she plans on introducing this next year and take special note to the last major bullet point:
- Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms;
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
- Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
- Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
Legislation like this is one of the key steps to the hostile takeover of a nation. It’s happened before in places like Germany and Russia and could well happen here. Once they know where all the guns are, then they will systematically try to confiscate them for one reason of another.
The scary thing is that there is a growing number of senators, including Republicans, that are beginning to talk about the need for more gun control after the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School. If by any chance this gets passed, I fear that a number of law enforcement officers will be wounded or killed by gun owners who refuse to comply with the new communist law.
Feinstein and her liberal communist legislation must be stopped at all costs. Write, call, email or speak in person to your senator and congressman/woman and demand that they fight against this illegal legislation. Our Founding Fathers knew the importance of keeping the people well-armed and today’s liberals are out to destroy that strength with whatever means they can.