An Iranian oil tanker on route to Syria has been seized, just two days before their threat to begin enriching uranium to weapons-grade levels, possibly atomic bombs in their hands by the end of the year.
Trending: JUST IN: Laura Loomer WINS Appeal!
Former Senator John Kerry took the position that we should allow Iran to have free reign to enrich uranium to see if they use it for peaceful means. Which is better, Senator Kerry’s ‘trust them’ approach or President Trump’s distrustful position?
What impact with this new tanker seizure have on Iran’s threats and the hope for peace in the Middle East and the world?
As a former mayor of Shiloh, Israel, I pose 8 open-ended questions that will soon be answered by geopolitical events and actions.
8 Key Questions about Iran:
- What impact will the recent Iranian tanker seizure have on threats by the Ayatollah to raise uranium enrichment levels?
- Are we to take Iran seriously when they threaten to enrich uranium to the level necessary to make atomic bombs or is this just bluster and bluff and do they even have the necessary expertise to do that?
- If Iran successfully makes atomic bombs, and since they already have missile delivery systems in place to hit their targets, what targets might they have in mind?
- How do we know Iran would even play by the rules if Trump were to meet their demands and lift sanctions while they run the clock again on sanctions and enrichment discussions?
- What about the possible scenario of Iran playing by the rules but using proxies to do deniable dirty deeds, so Iran looks like the good guys and have they ever done that before?
- Iran’s ‘supreme ruler’ Rouhani tweeted that Trump is “afflicted by mental retardation” and that his new sanctions against Iran have “ended the chance of diplomacy forever.” So, what exactly are these discussions he seeks if they are not diplomatic talks?
- In the event the United States allows Iran to resume weapons-grade uranium enrichment, and if the U. S. Congress blocks President Trump from launching an air strike against Iran’s weapons facilities, do you think Israel will take unilateral action against Iran and have they done anything like that in the past?
- The world now knows President Trump decided not to go forward with an air strike counter strike after Iran downed an unmanned U.S. drone, showing heart over the estimated 150 Iranian deaths that would likely ensue from such a military strike, so why would Iran’s Rouhani respond with vitriol, threatening the U.S. with their July 7 demands?
I covered much of this material in my book, “Trump and the Jews.”
Bio: David Rubin, former Mayor of Shiloh Israel, is the author of the book, “Trump and the Jews”. Rubin is the founder and president of Shiloh Israel Children’s Fund, established after he and his then three-year-old son were wounded in a terror attack. He can be found at www.DavidRubinIsrael.com or at www.ShilohIsraelChildren.orgDon't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and follow our friends at RepublicanLegion.com on Instagram.