U.S. Company Offers to Erect 234 Miles of Border Wall for $1.4 Billion


A U.S. company has offered to build a crucial section of the border wall for $1.4 billion, saving taxpayers $6.5 billion, according to a report.

Not only can the company build 234 miles for a much lower price, but Fisher Sand and Gravel Company’s President and CEO Tommy Fisher says that he can build the whole wall for only $4.31 billion.

“Our whole point is to break through the government bureaucracy,” Fisher told the Washington Examiner. “If they do the small procurements as they are now … that’s not going to cut it.”

Trending: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Accuses ‘White America’ for NFL’s Rejection of Colin Kaepernick

The Examiner adds:

take our poll - story continues below

Which Democrat will drop out of the race next?

  • Which Democrat will drop out of the race next?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Godfather Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Of the $8 billion Trump is hoping to spend, he already has $1.375 billion of that amount from Congress, which can only be used to build fencing in the Rio Grande Valley. Trump is seeking to repurpose another $3.1 billion in defense funding for more border wall and $3.6 billion more through his emergency declaration that Congress and the courts will challenge.

Fisher said that the roughly $1.4 billion is enough to build 20 miles of levee wall in the Rio Grande Valley, plus another 214 miles. That pot of money, however, can only be used in the Rio Grande Valley, according to the bill Congress passed approving those funds and was only expected to be used for about 55 miles of steel slat fencing.

So far, the government has not announced any plans for going ahead with the project that Trump has fought so hard to implement.

Despite that the larger plans have not yet been set in motion, some of the wall is being built already.

With all the talk of President Donald Trump’s border wall being built and Democrats saying it won’t, the government has just announced that some border wall construction has already started.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection noted on Tuesday that work has started on new barriers at the U.S. border with Mexico in San Diego, California.

New wall construction in California… that sure must stick in the Democrats’ craw!

According to the Associated press, the government is replacing 14 miles of fencing in San Diego with 30-foot high steel bollards.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Tuesday that the first panels are in place to replace a steel-mesh fence with steel bollards up to 30 feet high. SLSCO Ltd. of Galveston, Texas, was awarded the $101 million contract in December.

“It is the second layer of barrier in San Diego. Work on replacing the first layer is nearly complete, which is also 14 miles long and made of steel bollards up to 30 feet high,” the AP added.

The construction began only three days after President Trump declared a national emergency on our southern border.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

Don't forget to Like Godfather Politics on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at RepublicanLegion.com.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Godfather Politics email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

You Might Like
Previous The Second Most Important Government
Next Marvel Says New 'Captain Marvel' Film is for 'Intersectional Feminists,' No Male Fans Needed

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon to the right of the comment, and report it as spam. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.