Violence-Prone Chicago Threw a ‘Peace Picnic’ and You’ll Probably Guess What Broke Out Instead of ‘Peace’


A Chicago neighborhood threw what it called a “peace picnic” to celebrate the start of the school year but “peace” didn’t seem to be on the minds of the gangbangers who attended.

Three people were shot at the “peace picnic” on Saturday night in the city that has dozens gunned down every weekend.

So much for “peace.”

take our poll - story continues below

Will the Democrats try to impeach President Trump now that they control the House?

  • Will the Democrats try to impeach President Trump now that they control the House?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Godfather Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Trending: POLL: 72% Accuse Media of ‘Dividing Americans, Spreading Hate’

Fox News has the sad story:

Three people were shot at a back-to-school peace picnic held at a playground in Chicago on Saturday night.

A fourth person was beaten up at the event that was held to promote peace and community.

The picnic, which took place at Seward Park on the city’s North Side, was off to a safe start, but onlookers say the mood quickly turned when a group of young men showed up and started fighting.

“It’s senseless and should have never happened,” event organizer Raymond Hatcher told reporters. “We were doing well. Everything was going swell and then a group of guys who were not associated with us, came to the event intoxicated.”

“Everyone was trying to get away,” he told reporters.

This incident only resulted in a small amount of bloodshed in the Windy City. Only a few days ago, 25 Chicagoans were gunned down in just 14 short hours. By the end of this weekend, 53 had been shot and half a dozen killed. And in one shooting incident there were five victims in a matter seconds.

By Sunday afternoon, the media in Chicago was reporting that 23 people had been shot and two killed over the weekend. And that was nothing compared to last weekend when 60 people were shot down in one weekend. Sixty people!

The supposed “gun-free” city of Chicago saw 60 people shot in a three-day span only days after a large “anti-violence” march shut down the city’s busy Lake Shore Drive.

From Friday, August 3, to Sunday evening, 60 people were shot down in the Windy City and at least six died, according to the city’s ABC affiliate.

One paramedic described the city’s south and near west side as a “war zone.” No doubt.

One has to wonder just how long the city’s residents will allow their neighborhoods to continue being such war zones? Clearly the city’s politicians and police are not interested in doing anything about it all.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

Previous A Video Record Of The Al Sharpton-Led Crown Heights Pogrom
Next Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Finally Admits His Platform is Hopelessly Biased to the Left

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.